I am back with yet another super easy recipe to make weeknight cooking a breeze! This recipe of Chicken in creamy Mustard Sauce is a steal. It is from one of my favourite cookbook by Mary Berry. I often try out her baked goodies but not the mains so much. However I will from now on! This dish needs just 3-4 ingredients and you are done.
- Make sure to add the mustard right at the end or else the dish could turn bitter.
- Vegetarians can replace chicken with mushrooms!
- Boneless chicken - 200 gms - cut into thin strips
- Olive oil - 1 tsp
- Garlic - 2-3 pods - crushed
- Heavy cream - 1 cup
- Salt - to taste
- Pepper - to taste
- Flour - 1 tsp
- Mustard paste / sauce - 1 tbsp. - I used the readymade bottled grainy mustard. It gave a nice texture to the gravy.
- Take 2 tbsp cream from the 1 cup heavy cream ,mix in the flour and keep aside.
- In a pan heat the oil. Lightly sauté the crushed garlic. Add the chicken strips and fry till they turn light brown in colour and is 90% cooked.
- Drain the chicken pieces and keep aside.
- In the same pan , add the heavy cream. keep mixing so that the cream doesn't split. Add the flour - cream mixture and give it a good mix. Keep it on low flame.
- Now add the chicken strips back into the pan. Let it simmer in the gravy for a minute. Turn of the heat and stir in the mustard sauce/paste. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve hot with some plain rice or some bread and enjoy the creamy deliciousness.