I have been hearing and seeing so many pictures of Amritsari food on various food groups that I had to do some research. The Kulchas, the choley, the mithais, o my god the list is endless. I am not even thinking of the awesome non vegetarian spread you get there. But one such item that caught my fancy is the Pedewali lassi. Google didn’t have extensive information on it but I chanced upon some recipes. Its super easy to make ( assuming this is an authentic recipe ) and its delicious. So when KFB announced their Summer Cooler event I jumped in to make some Amritsari Pedewali Lassi.God willing I will make a trip to Amritsar soon, till then I am treating myself to this yummy goodness.
- Curd/yogurt - 2 cups
- Malai peda / Khoya - 5-6 nos
- Vanilla icecream - 1 scoop - my own addition as I thought it would add to the taste.
- Sugar - 1 tbsp. - optional
- Ice cubes - a few - optional
- Crushed pistachios- a handful for garnish
- Saffron strands - a few - optional
- Just put everything in a blender except the pista and churn till frothy.
- Serve chilled garnished with some crushed pistachios.