For over 2 weeks now I am doing this Project #saladeveryday on my Fb page. I feel salads are a way of life and the easiest and fun way to include fresh veggies and fruits in your diet. With a fussy 7 yr old and an equally fussy husband when it comes to eating greens, I have been pretty much successful in this effort of mine.
This week its the the Salad Week at KFB and I made an easy – Roasted Vegetable Salad with Quinoa. Now I am very new to quinoa, this is probably the first time I am using this grain as I have heard such nice things about it, it being sort of a wonder grain – gluten free and all that. My friend Sarani of Cocoawind uses it in many innovative ways! I found the texture nice and it went well with the vegetables almost making it a complete meal.
- Carrots - 1 medium - cubed
- Cucumber - 1 medium - cubed with skin on
- Mushroom - a cup - halved
- Tomato - 1 large - cubed
- Beans - a few - stringed and cut
- Onion - 1 large - cubed
- Oilve oil - 2 tbsp.
- Honey - 1 tbsp.
- Salt - to taste
- Pepper - to taste
- Balsamic vinegar - 1 tsp
- Quinoa - cooked - 1 cup - Follow instruction on packet. The quinoa to water ratio is 1:2.
- In a baking tray toss together the cut vegetables with olive oil , honey, salt pepper and balsamic.
- Heat oven to 180 degree C and grill the vegetables for 15 to 20 mins.
- Serve warm along with the cooked quinoa.