When it rains , my food cravings rise up phenomenally. I am sure its the same for many of you. Our taste buds would salivate thinking about the sinful fried goodies like pakoras,bhajias and chop and cutlets for us Bangalis. Of course there is the Khichudi and endless cups of tea. But there are also times when you want to indulge , at the same time want to avoid too much of oily fried stuffs. This is exactly when you need to make yourself a plate of Chili Cheese Toast. Hardly any effort required , you can make many variations and treat yourself to some yummy good ness. Plus its baked!
Here I have only used cheese and chopped green chillies but another variation that I often make is adding some chopped salami to the topping. You could also use corn or paneer or sliced sausages – options are many.
- Small round buns - 4 buns sliced into half. You could also use normal bread slices
- Cheddar cheese cubes - 2 cubes - grated
- Mozarella /Pizza cheese - 2 tbsp. grated
- Butter - 1 tsp
- Green chillies - 1 large - finely sliced. Use more as per your taste.
- Red chilli flakes - for garnish
- Coriander leaves - for garnish
- Cut the buns into half.
- Mix together the grated cheddar cheese,mozarella cheese,green chilies,and butter together.
- Put a tbsp. each on top of the buns.
- Sprinkle a little chili flakes on top.
- Bake in a hot oven for 10 mins.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.
I am sending this super easy recipe to the ongoing Monsooon event at KFB