Somedays you just need some pick me ups. Somedays you just want to pamper yourself. And what better way than desserts to do that for you. Desserts that don’t need much preps but is a taste of heaven. Desserts that you can put together in a jiffy. This Boozy Peaches and Cream recipe is just that!
Now Peaches & Cream is a classic and you shoud not fiddle around too much with cassic recipes. Its a simple summertime dessert consisting of sliced peaches with some whipped cream, quite popular in the South American countries. In Kolkata however tha availability of great quality peaches is kind of limited. I managed to get hold of a batch a while ago and added my little boozy twist to it. A ribboned bottle of Baileys was lying around for long and it went perfectly with peaches and cream.
- Fresh cream - a cup - I used Amul and it worked well
- Powdered sugar - 2 tbsp + 1 tbsp
- Peaches - 3-4 sliced - look for tart peaches or else they get mushy while grilling
- Baileys or any other coffee flavoured liquer - 3-4 tbsp.
- Butter - 1 tbsp.- to grill the peaches
- In a bowl , whip the fresh cream till its get a thick consistency.
- Add the powedered sugar and mix well.
- Add the baileys liqueur and keep refrigerated to chill.
- In a pan heat the butter and add the sugar.
- Once it starts caramelizing , lay the sliced peaches and slightly grill them on each sides.
- Now to assemble.
- In a tall serving glass, make layers of grilled peaches and top with the cream mixture,
- Garnish peach slices and serve.