Pudding cakes are my favourite dessert to make in winter. Easy to make with staple pantry ingredients, it translates to sheer comfort and deliciousness. Something that you would want to make over and over again for your dear ones. The cakes here is baked using the broiling method which keeps them super moist while they bake. I would suggest you serve them warm coz that makes all the difference. Serve with a drizzle of your favourite sauce, like I did with bitter salted caramel sauce. It complements the sweetness of the cake so well. My 8 yr old’s verdict was that its turned out yum!
This Christmas if you don’t want to go the usual fruit cake way, then this is the perfect treat for you and your guests. Just tip in the baking tray into the oven as you start your dinner and by the time you are done the cakes will be ready to be devoured. Of caramel is not your thing , go for a simple ganache or even a vanilla custard maybe. It should make you happy!
- Flour - 1 cup
- Castor Sugar - ⅔rd cup
- Eggs - 2 nos
- Olive oil - ½ cup
- Baking powder - 1 tsp
- Vanilla essence - 1 tbsp.
- Milk - 3 tbsp
- Sift the flour and baking powder together.
- Mix the olive oil and sugar together till light and frothy.
- Add the eggs , one at a time, beating well after each addition
- Add the vanilla essence.
- Now fold in the flour mixture into the batter.
- Add the milk and mix it into the batter.
- Grease with butter your cake moulds and line with flour.
- Pour the cake mixture half way through the moulds.
- In a baking tray, pour half a cup of water.
- Place the cake moulds on the tray.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 15 mins at 175 deg C.
- Serve warm with a drizzle of your favourite sauce.
Sending this recipe to the Baking Palooza Event on Kolkata Food Bloggers