When it comes to baking I would always stick to traditional methods and recipes and am not really confident how a cake would turn out without eggs. But of late I have been getting a lot of requests from friends who follow my blog to share egg free recipes! So I scoured around and found this beautiful eggless recipe of muffins. Muffins are very forgiving and you don’t really need to break your back to make these.
You could skip the apples , if you don’t feel like it and just add raisins for the texture. Or even crispy pear or strawberries, the options are many. This recipe calls for buttermilk and I used the regular Amul buttermilk that you get in the market. Just strain it before using.
- Wheat flour / Atta - 1½ cup
- Plain flour - ½ cup
- Baking soda - 1 tsp
- Brown Sugar - 1 cup
- Cinnamon powder - 1 tsp
- Olive oil - ½ cup
- Buttermilk - 1 cup
- Yogurt - 2 tbsp.
- Vanilla essence - 1 tsp
- Apple - 1 medium - cored and chopped
- In a bowl add all the dry ingredients together - wheat flour , plain flour , baking soda, cinnamon powder and the brown sugar.
- In another bowl , mix together the oil, buttermilk, yogurt and vanilla essence. Whisk everything together.
- Now mix the dry ingredients gradually in batches and mix well . Make sure there are no lumps.
- Lastly add the chopped apples.
- Fill your muffin cups with the batter.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 20 mins at 180 degree C.