This dear blog of mine has been royally ignored in the past few months as I was busy setting up another baby – The Goody Box – a venture very close to my heart that my friend A and myself have started. Its an endeavor on our part to take this love for food that we have to the next level and share it with the world. You can know all about it The Goody Box here!
But My Food My Life is my first love and theres always coming back to it. I remembered to soak some fruits in rum few weeks back and last evening was just perfect to bake a boozy Christmas cake to mark the beginning of the festive season. Everyone has their own version and mine turned out to be easy and fun to make. Here’s hoping that the coming year brings in loads of positivity and good cheer for my loved ones and yes many many more recipes and food stories! You go note the recipe.
- Flour - 1 cup
- Butter - 100 gms
- Castor sugar - 1 cup
- Eggs - 3 nos
- Soaked fruits - 1 cup - Mix together chopped candied peel, tutti fruti, dates, raisins , almonds in some dark rum along with a hint of cinnamon and nutmeg. Put the mixture in a glass jar and refrigerate for a week atleast.
- Vanilla essence - 1 tsp
- Baking powder - 1 tsp
- Sift together flour and baking powder.
- Cream the butter and sugar till light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add the vanilla essence.
- Fold in the flour gently into a smooth mixture.
- Add the soaked fruit along with the liquid.
- Give it a mix.
- Bake in a pre heated oven for 35-40 mins at 175 deg C
- Dust with some icing sugar before serving.