What do you do with loads of plain cashewnuts lying around in the pantry ( that you received as diwali gifts!), make some oven roasted Chili Honey Cashews. They would go perfect as the munchies with a drink or even my 9yr olds mini snack box. The idea of course has been borrowed from my dear friend Sarani, who now lives in Mason, USA and authors the lovely blog Cocoawind.
I kept the flavours very simple, honey for sweetness, pepper and chili flakes for the punch and loads of himalayan pink salt ( yes, my current obsession). In the oven for 15 mins and the outcome, simply gorgeous!
- Plain Cashews - 2 cups
- Olive oil - 1 tbsp
- Honey - 2 tbsp
- Freshly cracked black pepper - as per taste
- Chili flakes - as per taste
- Salt - to taste
- Egg white - 1 egg
- In a bowl, beat the egg whites till fluffy.
- Add olive oi, honey and the spices and mix well.
- Add the cashews and coat them well.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Put the coated cashews and bake for 15 mins at 200 deg C
- Let the cashews cool down before storing in air tight containers.