Hello everyone! I baked some Oatmeal Choco chips cookies and they turned out pretty good so sharing it for you all. These i baked primarily for my nearly 11 yo boy who is growing up too fast too soon. I say this because everyday is a new revelation , everyday a new challenge. Many of us end up wondering what is the right way to parenting, is there a right way at all? Honestly, i feel you just go with the flow, with your gut and handle one day at a time. In this process we end up learning ourselves, so does your child. There is no universal rule to bring up a child and thats what a decade of motherhood has taught me. Each child is different, so is our approach to their upbringing. There are some thumb rule ofcourse that i follow. When it comes to respect, discipline,and gratitude there is no bargaining with me. Our kids are born into privileged lives and as parents its imperative that they are made to understand early on that this is not something to be taken for granted. Each day is a miracle , an oppurtunity to start a fresh and chase your dreams. I guess thats enough of a parenting tip for the day!
As keeping with the practice of sharing easiest of recipes, this one is super easy too. Hardly 5 basic ingredients, one bowl mix and you are good to go. Being a mom to a fussy eater these recipes come super handy and there is no doubt in your mind that you are giving your child something healthy, something homemade, filled with love.
- Oatmeal - ½ cup - just grind regular breakfast oats in a grinder
- Flour - 1 cup - can use whole wheat flour also
- Egg - 1 no
- Butter - 50 gms - I used amul butter
- Baking powder - ½ tsp
- Brown sugar - half cup
- Chocolate chips - 1 cup
- Vanilla essence - 1 tsp
- Cinnamon powder - 1 tsp - optional
- In a bowl , mix together butter,sugar, egg and vanilla essence. Mix well and
- keep aside.
- In another bowl, mix together the flour, oatmeal, baking powder and cinnamon powder,
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture and mix well into a soft dough.
- Add the choco chips and mix into the dough.
- Line a baking tray with butter paper.
- Make small balls , flatten a little bit on your palms and put on the tray. Keep some space between the cookies as it will spread out while baking.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees and bake the cookies for 20 mins.