If there is one thing I really miss here in Kolkata, that would be availability of a variety of Cheese. You know the kind of Cheese shops you find when u travel abroad, where you go bonkers looking at the range, you dont even know what half of them are, those kinds! However things are getting a little better and you do find a decent variety nowadays at the supermarkets. I was pleasantly surprised with the range of cheese available at Big Basket, was a bit unsure of the taste and quality but nevertheless ordered a box of Boconcini. And I was not disappointed.
My first thought was to make a fresh Caprese Salad and I went with that.
- Tomatoes - 4 large - thinly sliced
- Boconcini cheese - a box of it - say around 10-12 balls
- Basil leaves - a handful
- Fresh lettuce - a bunch
- For the dressing:
- Extra virgin olive oil - 3 tbsp
- Honey - 1 tbsp
- Crushed garlic - 2 pods
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Lay the lettuce and tomato on a plate.
- Tear the cheese roughly and put on top. Add the basil leaves.
- Put all the ingredients listed under dressing in a jar and mix well.
- Pour on top of the tomato and cheese.
- Leave to rest for half an hour so that it soaks up the flavours of the dressing.