This terrible terrible summer. I cant even begin to explain the pain.Especially little kids who have to get back from school in this scorching heat. My worries as a mother that they will fall sick. I am eagerly eagerly waiting for the summer holidays to begin so it provides some respite to everyone.
Everyday when I go to pick up my 8 yr old from school, his only request is to buy him a popsicle from the school icecream vendor. My answer is always in the negative as I feel that would sure shot trigger a cold or a cough. Poor thing, he listens to his mama. But mama has to make sure that he gets a treat once in a while, maybe later in the afternoon when the sun has beaten down. So I made these easy popsicles at home, which my kid can enjoy to his hearts content.
There is no recipe to this as such, use any flavour you wish too. The only thing you need to get are some popsicle moulds that are easily available online. You could even use a mix of quash – orange or even pineapple to make these.
- Water - 4 cups
- Sugar - 4 tbsp.
- Salt - 1 tsp
- Lemon/lime - 2 whole - squeeze out the juice
- Some lemon or grapefruit slices
- In a bowl first make a lemonade with water, sugar, salt and the lemon juice.
- Fill the popsicle moulds with slices of lemon or any other fruit.
- Pour the lemon water into the moulds.
- Close the lid and stick it in the freezer overnight.
- Enjoy with your little ones!