Nothing like quick fix recipes. Recipes that however do not compromise on taste and freshness! My endeavour is to share with my readers, recipes that don’t need you to slog it out in the kitchen. Well, of course there are some dishes that have no shortcut but for the rest if there is a way, then why not?! With the dreaded summers fast approaching, we all like to keep it simple and easy. This Pan Fried Chicken Tikka recipe is perfect to make. Only requires a good marination and quicky fry. They could even be made in the oven.
A perfect accompaniment to go with drinks for an evening with friends. With the cricket season on, I am sure all of us are having lot of sessions bonding with friends. Make this for you next adda and wow your guests. Serve with a simple green salad, a fresh raita, some green chutney and a squirt of lime!
- Boneless chicken - 250 gms- cut into chunks - If possible use a mix of breast and thigh pieces.
- Curd / Yogurt - 2 tbsp.
- Ginger - Garlic paste - 1 tbsp.
- Kashmiri red chili powder - 1tbsp
- Besan/ chick pea flour - 1 tbsp
- Garam Masala powder - 1 tbsp.
- Salt - to taste
- Lime juice - 1 tbsp.
- Ghee - 1 tsp
- Refined oil - 1 tsp
- Mix the chicken cubes with all the above mentioned ingredients except the refined oil.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate for atleast 4 hrs or even overnight.
- In a non stick pan, heat the refined oil.
- Add the chicken pieces along with the marinade.
- Cover and let it cook. This will take around 15-20 mins.
- Once the water has all dried up and chicken cooked through.
- Remove from heat and serve with salad and raita.
- You can also string the pieces on a wooden skewer before serving.